Wednesday, January 13, 2010

directionally challenged

I got lost on my way back home from school tonight. TWICE.

You see, my school is way, way far away from my abode but it is a mere 3 miles or so from the new In 'N Out Burger joint. So after class I take a little detour and stop by to get some tasty grub and then make my way back home. It had been a long day and I needed something to cheer me up. The time called for none other than the JoBros. I was searching for my cd all through waiting in the line, ordering and getting my food from the pick up window. I finally found it as I was turning onto the road towards the freeway entrances. I was a little preoccupiedwith trying to get the cd in and decided to take the closest exit to me (the one on the right side of the street) which for some weird reason I thought would take me north (the exit on the left side of the street).

Things are good. Nay, things are great. I turn up the volume and sing as loud as I can with the music, happy to be on my way home after a long day of work and school. Then I realize I got onto the southbound entrance. I quickly get into the right lane and wait for the next exit to come up. Not a big deal, right? Well, I take the exit, flip a U-ey (since this road is one of the ones that have both north and south bound entrances on the same side of the street) and then get back onto the freeway.

I'm chugging along, singing, drinking my soda glad that I am finally on my way home. After a little while I pass Ikea. I look at it and think hmmm, I don't remember passing Ikea on the way down here. Maybe I just missed it when I got turned around. I have never actually been to Ikea so I have no idea what it's exact address is. All I know is that it is somewhere between my house and my grandma's.

I continue driving and singing and then look up to see a sign that says "Lehi Main - 11 minutes". Lehi?!? I swear I didn't pass Lehi to get to In 'N Out. That's gotta be way too far south. But how can that be? I know I got on the North bound entrance. I know I did... well, I... I think I did...

A few short minutes I passed a sign that said I was coming up on the 146000 south exit and then I knew. I had gotten of the south bound freeway just to get back on it again. Doh! So I got off the freeway and got back on going in the right direction. For reals this time.


*kloveyabye*



P.S.
In all actuality I got lost three times tonight. The third was when I had exited the freeway for the second time. I was so worried about getting on the wrong entrance again that I went right past the entrance and got onto some weird windy road. Luckily, I knew that I had missed it because, well, I wasn't on the freeway. Yes, sometimes I do actually pay attention to my surroundings...

0 comments: