Tuesday, January 26, 2010

the ring

I am fully aware that it's a little odd (maybe a lot odd) that I am posting about engagement rings when a) I'm not even remotely close to being in a NCMO let alone a serious committment and b) well... I guess there really isn't a reason for a "b" option but I felt bad for the little "a" being left alone.


moving on...

I have a confession to make. I'm not a big fan of diamonds. Gasp!!! I know, I know how could I, being the girl that I am, not love these sparkly rocks?! Don't get me wrong, they're pretty but there are other stones I'd rather have more. The truth is, I have a hard time getting over the price tag of diamonds. They're insanely pricey and I just have a hard time seeing the point in spending that much money when it could go towards something like, oh lets say a 14 day trip to Scotland and Ireland. Seriously. I'd pick the trip hands down any day. No question.

Plus I tend to lose things very easily. The majority of my rings have been lost and found at least 5 times. If I did that to a $4,000 ring I might literally die.

Plus, what if you get bored of the setting after a while? What if you decide you want something different? It's not like it's necessarily easy to replace diamond rings. Not unless you buy the ones with itty bitty diamonds in them that are so small that you can't even tell there is a diamond. Those rings are lame. If thats all you can afford then you should just get a wedding band with some nice filigree on it. I promise you it will look 10 times better than the barely there rock.

Anywho, all these things put together is why I would much rather have....

a FAKE ring!

I like them. They have the sparkle you want with a diamond at like, 1/1000 the price. You can purchase all different styles and, best of all, they can be easily replaced if lost!

Here are some of my favey fave ones:


1. This beauty is from QVC. It's $86.00.
2. Also from QVC. This one is done in 14k gold so it's a little pricier at $149.00.
3. This wedding set is in 14k gold. It's a bit pricier at $349.95 but I like it lots. It can be found here.

4. This one is Tiffany inspired and at an exceptionally low price of $55.99 and can be found here.


Now, if money wasn't an issue and I didn't lose things I would go for these rings in an instant. Bet you can't guess what my favorite stone is...

found here for $14,950.00


found here for $9,750.00


found here for $9,200.00




I am a dork.




*kloveyabye*


1 comments:

Porter and Karla

hi there im just blog hopping and found yours! I feel the same way yet I am married with a real ring and have suggested to mr husband we should sell it, I think it means a lot to him so I'll keep it, but I do get in trouble for leaving it laying around the house. Cute post!and I love your l.d.s. button on the side bar, I have never seen that.