Sunday, January 10, 2010

my little gabishna

Today is my niece Gabrielle Nicole's twelfth birthday. Twelve... sheesh. I can't believe you're twelve already, time has gone by too fast. I still remember when you were born. Your mom flipped me off when I was taking a picture of her during a contraction. It wasn't because she was having a contraction that she flipped me off but because I told her that women in labor shouldn't be smiling.
Anyway, I had the great pleasure of seeing you enter this world. It was a bit weird for a 12 year old to witness. There was blood and goop and many other things but it was so worth it. I don't really remember much about it other than the fact that I was so excited that you were finally here with us and that soon you'd be coming back home with us since your parents were in the midst of moving.

I remember waking you up all the time so that you'd cry and then I'd have an excuse to hold you. Not exactly the nicest thing to do but I loved holding you and having you with us. You were such a beautiful and happy little baby. When I would take you for walks around the neighborhood people would always stop and say how gorgeous you were. How could you blame them? You had big clear blue eyes, curly golden blonde locks, the cutest fat rolls I have ever beheld and the sweetest smile ever. I remember how you and I spent one afternoon "talking" about what your future job would be. I'm not sure if you know this or not but we had decided on either a ballerina or a doctor.

You are such an amazing person
Gabishna. I think one of your best attributes is your capacity to love. You have such a big welcoming heart. You love everyone you come across and are always willing to help those in need.

You are the smartest kid I know. Period. You're hunger for knowledge is rivaled by only one person and that's your father. You have always been able to converse well with others, even when you were a child. I remember taking you on Trax and you would always strike up conversation with the people around us. They were always amazed, as was I , that someone so young was able to carry on a conversation with such maturity and confidence. None of that has changed, especially now that you and your brother are like miniature lawyers thanks to your dad. Do you remember when you and Ryan went to grandma's work and spoke with some of the attorneys there? They were amazed that you not only knew legal jargon and policies but that you could actually give examples of them that work correctly. Seriously, you have a brain like Einstein's.

I am the luckiest aunt ever because I have you in my life. You have made me remember what it is to enjoy life and live it to its fullest. You are the best niece anyone could ever ask for and I am so happy to call myself your aunt.

Love you like crazy Gabby



xoxo, Bubba

0 comments: